All kinds of exciting changes happening for the Costaras family….
- I’m working furiously on my new online business (launching soon-soon!)
- We finally have enough money to finish renovating the 2 downstairs bathrooms – so, now it’s a frantic rush to have them finished in 2 weeks…
- … while Nick simultaneously works on another two music videos for Joe Niemand (Nick’s previous music videos for Joe include this one, this one and this one).
- Nick has just received a fantastic commission – he’s going to be editing a new feature film – and it involves 6 weeks of shooting in a small town in the Karoo (and 3 solid months of editing afterwards)…
- … which means that the kids and I will be packing up and heading out for a while too! We’re going to do a bit of a family road trip (instead of hanging around Joburg waiting for Nick to finish). The film producers are also organising us a house to stay in… so we’ll spend some time there… maybe go to the coast for a while – and I would LOVE to visit my cousin in Limpopo too!
- So… we’re doing a mini version of “Living on the Road” – until August when we “actually” live on the road.
- And the best part is that we now have the means to rent our home instead of sell it (which means I can store our sentimental stuff in the back garden store room – and rent the house fully-furnished)… which means a LOT less pain-&-suffering for me! (yay-zers!).
I also had an awesome chat with my mom over coffee yesterday at Pappachinos (a wonderful restaurant with a huge, enclosed playground for the kids – and great food).
Mom really challenged and inspired me to be more “me”…. with my business, with my writing, with LIFE in general. I have been self-editing for so-so-so-SO (!) long… decades even. And it feels like I’m slowly emerging from my shell to become more of the unique, creative, irreverent nutter-Heather (that I am)… and less of the people-pleasing, continually-monitored-&-self-edited Heather that has tried so hard to be “liked” (and not piss anyone off) for way too many years. Life is too short!
And – one final bit of news: we were at the black-tie, red-carpet launch of “High Rollers” last night – a new drama on SABC 3. For my South African friends, it starts on the 2nd April at 20h30 on SABC 3. Our good friend, Josh, is the creator & director… and Nick shot and edited the title sequence… which is here: