I’m deeply inspired by natural beauty.
When we travel… I love-love-love staying at places that are surrounded by natural beauty. I love waking up to a beautiful, inspiring view… whether it’s the sea, mountains, lakes, forests, vineyards – it just does something to my soul. It nurtures something deep inside of me.
When we (eventually) decide to settle down and buy another house – I have 1 major requirement: it needs to be somewhere beautiful!
Here’s some flowy scribbles and sketches inspired by nature….
And, since we’re on the topic of inspiring, happy things… here’s a list of my favourites:
- Flower: protea
- Tree: anything huge with a wide canopy of evergreen leaves
- Weather: cool and slightly overcast
- Time of Day: dusk
- Wild Animal: all of the big cats
- Bird: sun birds and hummingbirds
- Bug: praying mantis
- Reptile: chameleon
- Desert or Forest: definitely forest… or even jungle. The more trees, the more water (whether sea, rivers, streams, lakes)… the happier I am. Oh – and shade. I need shade – I hate baking in the sun!