- Snuggles with my husband and kids. Probably my most favourite thing of all is spending precious time with my family.
- Coffee Shops… with good coffee, free wi-fi, happy vibe and yummy cake.
- Small, intimate music or poetry evenings (I’m allergic to big concerts and huge crowds).
- Hotels that leave little prezzies in my room or on my pillow.
- Surprise snail-mail! I love receiving unexpected goodies in the post!
Local markets selling fresh, homemade yummies…
Hammocks under shady trees….
- Museums! Museums! Museums!
- Travel, travel, travel!
- Empty notebooks – waiting for me to fill them with scribbles & ideas!
- Stationery & art supplies.
- Beautiful, historic places… I love chapels, cathedrals and castles! (which is why I love most of Europe!).
Quality time with the love of my life…
Trying crazy things like this… at least once… just to see whether I like it or not.
Playing and having fun with my kids!
- Exploring places I’ve never been… following footpaths – and especially when I don’t know where they lead…
- Huge book stores – especially those with couches and coffee!
- Long… interesting… meaty conversations with thinker friends.
- A game of 30 Seconds.
Waterfalls and natural pools… and especially if there’s NOBODY else around…
Moments like this…. (my heart melts)…
- Old bells and bell-towers (I have a *thing* for them)
- Proper wishing wells (I have a *thing* for them too!)
- Yorkshire pudding with thick, meaty gravy.
- Head massages… hand massages… foot massages… (and if somebody could make a way that I could get my head, hands and feet massaged simultaneously, I think I’d be in heaven!)
Miniature model trains and towns… one of my bucket-list destinations is Miniature Wonderland in Germany…
Drawing at coffee shops… with a regular supply of coffee – and a slice of moist carrot cake!
- Jamming with a group of muso friends.
- Picnics under shady trees on soft, green grass.
- Catch-up’s over coffee ‘n cake with my mom and my sister.
- A crackling fireplace in Winter.
- Laughing ’til my belly aches.
Lego! Lego! Lego!
Exploring old, overgrown, historic graveyards…
- Sitting on the beach… at sunset, digging my toes into the cool sand while watching my kids chase the waves.
- Spa pamperings.
- All water-sports… I love boating, skiing, knee-skiing, scuba diving, parasailing, jet-skiing… all of it!
- The smell of books and magazines.
- The sights and sounds of the African Bush.
Did I mention travel?