So – this is our little pile of stuff. Everything we need – as a family of 4 – to live, work & learn on the road.
Looking at this little pile, I’m struck by how little we need (and how much we have).
In a nutshell, this is what I’m bringing:
- Clothes for all of us (to suit both warm & cold weather – depending on where we are).
- Toiletries… tiny bit of make-up… few earrings & my favourite necklace.
- We each have a pair of shoes for cold weather, a pair for warm weather… and our slippers.
- Toys & games for the kids (including lots of lego).
- Art materials, Leapfrog learn-to-read series, couple of kid’s books – plus they’re each taking a fluffy toy to nuzzle at night.
- Kid’s favourite nuzzle blankets.
- Work paraphernalia… laptop, iPad, phone, GPS, camera & lenses – plus all the chargers, cables, batteries, etc.
- Ummm…. and that’s about it.
I have a feeling we’ll need to cut back even more when we travel internationally. I already know I’ve packed WAY too many clothes for this trip. I’m going to use these 6 weeks as a means to sift out all the stuff that I think I might use – as opposed to all the stuff I actually use (then will purge accordingly).
So – I think I’ll go to bed now. I have a 6 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow – and it’s not going to be entirely fun doing it without Nick… but I can’t wait to see my cousin in Limpopo! I’ll blog and post pics from the road… X